Sunday, August 16, 2009

It [love] is not easily angered

Flying off the handle is so easy in a world where there is rarely enough time for sleep, balanced meals, and periods of little to no worries. Instead, getting angry and upset about things, blowing up is far too easy to pass up, right? Well, for me, that isn't the way that I know it should be.

I am the sort that allows things to build for a while. One small thing against me is nothing. I can put that off. Another incident happens during the day and piles upon the previous. Soon enough, someone makes me just a little bit annoyed and I'm angry, bitter, and in a rage.

Instead of dealing with tiny problems when they should be dealt with, I tend to lean towards getting completely bent out of shape later on. I know that doesn't sound easily angered, but to the last person to cross me, it definitely does read that way.

Love isn't easily angered. Love isn't going to fly off the handle. Love isn't going to throw a fit over a tiny spill on their lap. I'm not Love, and I'm not perfect. How wonderful it is to know that I don't have to be to serve a God who forever loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment